Thursday, February 20, 2014

Happy Birthday

Today would have been Jeffrey's birthday; the second since he passed just before his 53rd. He would have been 54 today.

I'm preparing the last pages of the 3rd chapter of this story, and the end is in sight - I know how most of the story fills out from here. While the pace has been tough to keep up, I'm now pretty sure I will be able to finish this story. I'm beginning to wonder about the next one, which is already taking shape in my head.

A number of unusual things have happened while I've been writing this. As has been described to me by other artists, the characters start to take control of the story and at times it seems I'm just writing down what they tell me to. A number of plot lines have changed completely because the "people" involved didn't like the direction I was going in.

The best thing, though, is that Jeffrey has stayed fresh and alive in my mind for the past year. Master Jeffrey was officially started as a one page, one time thing for Magic Bullet, but now he's evolved into something a little grander, and one that I hope will last. I still don't know if Jeffrey would approve of everything I've done with this, but for now, I'll just be grateful that he's still enough in my thoughts that I can bother to ask the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment