Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Here she comes...

I am prepared to take a little heat for the character of Ms. Edelbrock. I have chosen to develop these characters slowly, as the story unfolds, and at first glance I am certain that there will be assumptions about the relationship between Master Jeffrey and Ms. Edelbrock. Her deference in calling him "sir" and "Master Jeffrey" alone is going to raise all sorts of eyebrows, along with a few hackles.

The relationship these two characters have, along with others that I will introduce in the future, are not so simple. Jeffrey had very complicated relationships with the people he was around, and as I've said, I want to convey that spirit in these stories. It will be up to you to decide how I've done, but please give it a little time before you decide what's going on.

I will tell you that as a character, Ms. Edelbrock has existed in my mind for a long, long time. In terms of her relationship to Jeffrey, she is a combination of several spirits, myself included, who tried to show support and build his esteem. It is also worth noting that there is a real Ms. Edelbrock--in fact, there are three of them. All are talented, elegant and athletic (and more than capable of accomplishing some of the feats to be depicted on these pages.)

No comments:

Post a Comment