Sunday, September 22, 2013

Software is hard

I should apologize right about now to all the technophiles out there. It is not immediately obvious, but if you look you can see that the Master Jeffrey website is all hard coded HTML. There are a few reasons for this, but mainly I wanted to start posting the pages. The thought of waiting another month while I got a database driven site up and running was not acceptable, so I started with this. Every three days, around midnight, I write new HTML and edit the forward and back buttons on previous pages. It's tedious, but the grin on my face at seeing Master Jeffrey coming to life is worth it.

This means that someday (cue Marlon Brando in the Godfather "...and that day may never come...") I'll have to switch the whole thing over, probably on a weekend. I'll make an announcement, but you'll be able to tell by all the shrieks coming from my house. Don't worry if you don't live nearby, you'll probably still hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment