Sunday, October 27, 2013

And away we go

You'll notice that I've been making style changes along the way - I'm also changing the backgrounds from plain white. If this ever get's printed, I'll probably regret that decision, but I like how it pops the other colors (as if that red car needed any help.)

I used to have a problem with waiting until things were perfect to publish or show them. The end result was that so many things were never good enough and lay dormant for years. I promised myself that I would stick to my schedule of updates if at all possible, and so far I have. Of course, there have been some minor disasters, and I still cringe at some of the errors I made in the name of making my deadline, but all-in-all, I think the good outweighs the bad.

So often I hear from people that they have an idea, or partially completed piece, and just want to get it perfect before they let it out. I always tell them the same thing: "just do it! Show it! Get it done! If it isn't perfect you can change it later... otherwise, it'll sit in that drawer forever."

Do you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment