Friday, February 28, 2014

Third Chapter Now Finished...Where Do I Go From Here?

To paraphrase my daughter, that is one big kitty.

We were about due for a cliffhanger ending. Of course, that's in terms of print. If this was a regular comic book, you'd have to wait a month (or more) to see what happens next. Thanks to the web format, the next chapter begins Monday....hope you can stand the suspense.

I've always had the overall story sorta figured out, and now I have all the basic building blocks aligned and know where everything is supposed to go, with only one big exception. One of the characters is arguing with me about where they finally fit in to the story; other than that, all I have to do is write the details, lay out the pages, draw the suckers and get them on the pages in time to the crazy pace I've managed for the past six months. Two more chapters to go aand I'm finally beginning to believe I can pull it off.

You may have noticed the ads at the top of the page; if you are not familiar with Project Wonderful; it's a cool web advertising system recommended to me by one of my heroes in web comics, the inimitable Danielle Corsetto. I may add some other ad boxes in the next few days, time allowing (what are the chances of THAT?)

Finally, I hope the city of Kyoto will forgive me for what's about to happen. I used to love giant monster movies as a kid (Mothra gave me nightmares after I first saw it) and I used a lot of reference photos to try and get as many details right as I could. That being said, my mind DID start to wander as I was doodling all thoes buildings, so I started to add in a few extra items. ET, phone home!

No comments:

Post a Comment